Coaching VS Therapy
What is the difference between coaching vs therapy?
Coaching and therapy serve two distinct purposes but they share the same goal. Both offer a positive partnership between coach / therapist and client that is the medium for change. Both are trained in understanding human behavior and motivation. Both help clients set and achieve their goals.
- Focuses on both the past and the present.
- Can help heal wounds from the past
- Treats a mental health or substance abuse problem (which includes everything from severe issues such as PTSD to minor, short-term issues such as adjustment disorders)
- Focuses on setting and achieving goals in the present and future (doesn’t deal with the past)
- Coaching helps mentally well people function at a higher level
- Coaching does not involve a mental health diagnosis
One of my favorite articles on the subject appeared in Forbes :
Click Here to Read